We have a desprepancy here in that the photo above, which also appears in
the picture on the right below, was also identified in the original annotation
to that picture as being the building in which Cpl Lang was burned to death.
Both photos below are annotated "1933".
The picture on the left below (Museum picture) is of the same building as
that in the photo on the right (Col Laurie's picture), but is in a somewhat
delapitated condition and now has poles attached to each end. Does Col Laurie's
notation "HBC house on right" refer to the building that is just
visible on the right hand edge of the picture, or to this other house with
If the house with the varanda is the RC Sigs station that burnt down, what
is the little house with the high pole behind it ( identified abouve as the
Could it have been the transmitter building? Was it perhaps the original
RC Sigs station building in Rae?
If anyone can clarify these questions Please contact us.