Opened May 1933 to serve an important air base and telegraph terminus.
It also provided weather information and contacts for aircraft. It
was handed over to the Department of Transport on 18 September 1958
This aerial photo of Ft. McMurray is thougnt to be from the 1940s. If anyone can confirm the approximate
date it was taken please get in touch with us.
If anyone has other photographs or information that
they would like to share with us Please contact us.